2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Proportioning valve problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 06:36 PM
MeltyWireFaucet
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proportioning valve problems

01 Ram 1500 4x4 5.9L
Just bought this truck and the brake peddle goes nearly to the floor before brakes engage. The person told me they replaced lines or whatever but it needed brake fluid every few days. Now obviously there's a leak and air is getting into the system. I found that the proportioning valve is leaking. I also found that no one makes/sells these parts anymore so now I need guidance on how to fix it. Any help is appreciated.

Old 11-13-2021, 09:55 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 340 Likes on 321 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by MeltyWireFaucet
01 Ram 1500 4x4 5.9L
Just bought this truck and the brake peddle goes nearly to the floor before brakes engage. The person told me they replaced lines or whatever but it needed brake fluid every few days. Now obviously there's a leak and air is getting into the system. I found that the proportioning valve is leaking. I also found that no one makes/sells these parts anymore so now I need guidance on how to fix it. Any help is appreciated.
Find a used proportioning valve and install it on your truck. Try using car-part.com to source it from non-local salvage yards, if necessary. Many will ship it to you.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:23 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

It’s a generic valve you could use one from a Chevy if need be (and I hate to even suggest that because I truly hate chevys)

Quick Reply: Proportioning valve problems