2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rain Guards for Quad Cabs??

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2021, 06:09 PM
ArchersArrows
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rain Guards for Quad Cabs??

Ive got a 98 quad cab and I cannot find any rain guards for all 4 windows. I'd prefer stick on ones and it seems that stick on guards would be the only ones that would work. Considering the back windows only pop open sideways.
I've found club cab rain guards on eBay but for $100. Which seems a bit pricy to me. I am assuming they would work? But I would rather ask first than spend first.
Please let me know where you have gotten yours or anything you've jimmy rigged up or if there are any that even work.

Thanks!

Old 12-19-2021, 07:00 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by ArchersArrows
Ive got a 98 quad cab and I cannot find any rain guards for all 4 windows. I'd prefer stick on ones and it seems that stick on guards would be the only ones that would work. Considering the back windows only pop open sideways.
I've found club cab rain guards on eBay but for $100. Which seems a bit pricy to me. I am assuming they would work? But I would rather ask first than spend first.
Please let me know where you have gotten yours or anything you've jimmy rigged up or if there are any that even work.

Thanks!
That's why traditional rain guards don't work.

I had stick on ones that lasted a couple years but kept blowing off or flapping against the paint. Then I got the in the track ones by Wade in 2009 that are still on and actually work.

Old 12-19-2021, 07:27 PM
ArchersArrows
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had good luck with stick on rain guards and I like them overall a bit more. A cleaner look in my opinion.

Do you happen to remember the brand of the stick on ones you had if they covered all four windows?

Old 12-19-2021, 11:51 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 339 Likes on 320 Posts

I use Auto Ventshades (AVS) stick-on vent visors around the windows of my standard cab truck and have had great success with them as long as the truck doors were cleaned properly prior to installation. You may need to contact the company directly to obtain the part number for the set that will fit a quad cab. Not sure if they still make them for a quad cab, but they did at one time and should be able to provide the part number for it. Once you have the part number, you should be able to find someone that has a set either thru eBay, Amazon, etc.

Old 12-20-2021, 02:47 AM
dodgetruck2
Record Breaker
Received 67 Likes on 66 Posts

My first set of rain guard were in track, kept loosing them finally bought stick on ones never looked back, every truck since has been stick on if they didn't come with em already on, I haven't lost one since, even using auto carwashes. I've never had a set for the back windows on either cab styles so I'm interested what you find. I always wanted chrome ones. Id seem other people with em but i could never find em. Granted back in them days I didn't have alot of cash so I bought what I could afford

One trick I learned and maybe this is common knowledge for you guys, is preheat the glue strip and car surface with a hair dryer or something. I've never lost anything stick on since i started doing that.

Also $100 sounds cheap to me but I've been buying for 4x quad cabs/mega cabs for a while now lol

Quick Reply: Rain Guards for Quad Cabs??