2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

360 LA Swap in 1995 dodge ram

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2022, 05:37 PM
ThatRedRam
Professional
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 360 LA Swap in 1995 dodge ram

My threads are a rollercoaster of events. Never know what imma do next. So my whole idea of swapping a magnum motor to a carb just went out the window if you have seen my previous threads youll know. I just bought a LA 360 from my farther. Its got all the goodies. 0.60 over pistons. Built and ported heads. Ported intake. Good Street Cam. Few things im concerned about. #1 Fuel Pump ill have to go mechanical cause i dont believe a regulator would hold the pressure #2 Motor Mounts will it bolt straight up. They are both 360s. #3 Electrical.

Old 05-28-2022, 07:06 PM
DerTruck
All Star
Received 103 Likes on 98 Posts

But it's an entertaining rollercoaster. From what little I know LA do not directly bolt into a Magnum vehicle and require a different external balanced flex plate. Assuming you still want to run a carb you can't really use the electrical in-tank fuel pump. Aside from the pressure (which possibly could be managed) you also need some sort of safety mechanism to kill the pump in case of an accident. 1995 have analog gauges so the only challenge here is it might require some sort of adapter/converter to go from coil signal to the instrument cluster.

Old 05-28-2022, 08:13 PM
ThatRedRam
Professional

I just conserned about the motor mounts really. I cant seem to find any sold for the conversion and i dont honestly know if the motor would fit already because i dont have the magnum fully taken out yet

Old 05-29-2022, 06:59 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

You can't use the pcm so you will need a way of turning the pump on and a regulator to cut the pressure down, Trans you will need a kit to get it go into lockup/od. Motor mounts should not be an issue. What did the LA come out of? If a truck then you are ok if not the pan/pick up will need to be changed. Look at the link below and you can see what changed between the LA/magnum and think in reverse.

http://www.magnumswap.com/using-la-parts-on-a-magnum/

The following users liked this post:
2bit (05-31-2022)
Old 05-30-2022, 11:14 PM
ThatRedRam
Professional

the pan is for a truck. And with fuel im running a line into the tank and doing away with the stock pump. Itll still be there for the fuel gauge tho. Im swapping it to a 5 speed so overdrive wont be an issue.

Old 05-30-2022, 11:15 PM
ThatRedRam
Professional

Only things i have to figure out now is if im putting ac or not. Wiring Gauges. just simple stuff really. hoping to make 600 HP

Quick Reply: 360 LA Swap in 1995 dodge ram