2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Driver Side Seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2022, 09:05 PM
Dragonegg29
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Driver Side Seat

So I'm looking for a driver side seat since mine is all chewed up from my father sliding up and down of it but I can't find any that aren't ruined themselves. The entire mount for it is broken too so it's easier at this point to just replace the whole thing rather than fix it. Plus the motor is basically dead. I'm wondering if someone could at least point me in the right direction to find a new seat. I've checked dodgeparts.com which they might have what I need but its hard to tell without a diagram or image and just a description.

Old 05-27-2022, 10:19 PM
Keith_L
Record Breaker
Received 135 Likes on 122 Posts

If it's an extra cab Dorman offers the lower cushion. For the mount/frame I'd weld it or get that from a JY. No help on motors but JY is another obvious choice there

See:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...cushion-2.html

Old 05-28-2022, 12:11 AM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts
Try car-part.com. It list junk/salvage yard inventories. You can also check your local Craigslist and the numerous Dodge truck groups on Facebook, in addition to Facebook Marketplace.

Old 05-28-2022, 12:12 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragonegg29
So I'm looking for a driver side seat since mine is all chewed up from my father sliding up and down of it but I can't find any that aren't ruined themselves. The entire mount for it is broken too so it's easier at this point to just replace the whole thing rather than fix it. Plus the motor is basically dead. I'm wondering if someone could at least point me in the right direction to find a new seat. I've checked dodgeparts.com which they might have what I need but its hard to tell without a diagram or image and just a description.

Have fun. I needed one for my '96 extended cab. The later cabs with the side that opens has a different lower frame. Regular cabs are different too. Mine was so bad, I used a regular cab frame with a block of wood where the floor is different.

Old 05-31-2022, 04:37 PM
hilliad
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got mine (bottom cushion and cover) off Amazon for about $130.

Old 06-01-2022, 06:20 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

You got oem seat upholstery or just a cover? You can use the seat cover(upholstery) from the passenger side with a few mods.

Old 06-01-2022, 09:51 AM
gabbyRose
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did u look for it on ebay ?

Last edited by gabbyRose; 06-02-2022 at 05:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Driver Side Seat