2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2001 Ram noises

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 04:38 PM
melhoff13
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Ram noises

Hey all! New to the forum and Dodge. I have heard a few noises that are unfamiliar to me.

1. Sort of loud constant humming/squealing noise coming from the gas tank (I think). I crawled under the truck and that's where it seems to be coming from. It makes this noise all the time. I took the truck in to get my first V8 $400 complete tune up and the mechanic told me that all Dodge's make this noise. Told me he could replace the fuel filer in the tank, but it would probably still make this noise. Anyone have any ideas?

2. Today I noticed a kind of squealing/humming sound coming from the engine area when I pressed the accelerator. Only seemed to do it while the truck was cold. Went away after a few minutes of driving. This is the first time I've heard this, and it kind of bothers me. Any idea's?

I have a 12/12 warranty still remaining. Are these noises I should talk to the dealer about? Thanks for your help in advance.

Quick Reply: 2001 Ram noises