2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ladder Rack

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 06:30 PM
mattyge
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ladder Rack

Hey,

I just bought my truck about 5 months ago and it's going to be my work truck. I just started in a trade and it has come in real handy. But now i need to start carrying ladders around so i need a ladder rack. I thought i would make one myself because i have a welder and could do it, I just don't have any plans or designs or any idea how to design a ladder rack. I search on the internet but i couldn't find any plans. Let me know what u guys think of this idea and where i could find some plans.
Thanks.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Koldkut
Rookie
Default RE: Ladder Rack

I can draw something up for you real quick, you want the ladder to be flat, laying horizontal, or at an angle? large rack, all the way across the width of the pickup bed and over the cab?

Old 01-05-2006, 08:56 PM
95RAM1500
Default RE: Ladder Rack

i have a suggestion...i just bought a ladder rack for my dads service truck for his constuction company from a junk yard for 40 bucks, and nothing was wrong with it....lol cant beat it.......then i bought the ladder rack ratchets straps that go on it...they were 90 dollars for 2 of them brand new and then at the junk yard he sold them to us for 10 bucks..... so thats what i would do is check ur local junkyard

Quick Reply: Ladder Rack