2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TCC not locking up

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2023, 07:41 PM
Matthew Reeves
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparite
Sounds like a pcm issue. Use the # off the old one to source a replacement.
That's what I was thinking as well, just wanted to see what anyone else thought if they thought the same thing. Everything else seems to be working as it should so it makes sense to me.

Old 08-27-2023, 02:32 PM
MtnTow
Professional
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Reeves
That's what I was thinking as well, just wanted to see what anyone else thought if they thought the same thing. Everything else seems to be working as it should so it makes sense to me.

I have a 94 as well. I wanted to be able to control lockup for some of the same reasons as you are saying and did the ground switch. Oddly i dont notice it locking up off the switch but i know it works from pcm.

94 was one of the first years of lead free solder and our pcms paid for it. Mine wont run if i let the pcm freeze too deeply. Have had to tuck it into my pants after hunting for a few days. Lol

So i wonder if it isnt a bad connection like mine. Usually cold retracts and loses connections but enough heat could potentially move things as well.

Quick Reply: TCC not locking up