2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

daytime running light module

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2023, 06:33 PM
Gregory P
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default daytime running light module

i just had electrical issues on my 98 1500 i found the daytime running light module shorting out and burned the wires can i clean up the wires and run without the module or better yet does anyone know were i can get a module and pigtail ?
Thank you

Old 09-17-2023, 07:12 PM
MtnTow
Professional
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gregory P
i just had electrical issues on my 98 1500 i found the daytime running light module shorting out and burned the wires can i clean up the wires and run without the module or better yet does anyone know were i can get a module and pigtail ?
Thank you
Somewhat common.and yes you can run without it. Lights become manual. Legality may vary.

Probably time to replace light switch, maybe unhook battery at night until you do.

Old 09-17-2023, 09:15 PM
Gregory P
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i cut the wires but now my gauges are jumping all over tried the headlights and there were more wierd things going on i guess i will pull the switch and see if that changes anything

Quick Reply: daytime running light module