2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help with my truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2023, 03:50 PM
Mike4776
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with my truck

I have a second generation Dodge ram truck with a 3.9 V6 it's a 01 model I replaced the air idle control cuz that's what it says but it still acts it still has a vacuum leak somewhere I've sprayed around vacuum lines or starter fluid trying to change the picture of the motor nothing can you tell me what can somebody help me I should say or guide me to what I need to do to fix it I just bought a new air control module is a ghost on the back of the throttle body I'm new to dodge and I know they're touchy any help or ideas would be great

Old 09-28-2023, 05:11 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts

I'd remove the throttle body and replace the base gasket for starters. In addition, I'd remove the idle air controller (IAC) in the rear of the throttle body and thoroughly clean the well that the IAC piston extends into. That well in the throttle body is famous for carbon accumulation over time and causes the engine to run erratically.

Old 10-04-2023, 01:27 AM
Mike4776
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
I'd remove the throttle body and replace the base gasket for starters. In addition, I'd remove the idle air controller (IAC) in the rear of the throttle body and thoroughly clean the well that the IAC piston extends into. That well in the throttle body is famous for carbon accumulation over time and causes the engine to run erratically.
I changed all that throttle body gaskets intake gaskets come to find out but a line popped off the fuel pump and it was sucking air the one of those lines that's what the problem was

The following users liked this post:
AtomicDog (10-04-2023)

Quick Reply: Help with my truck