2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1996 and 1999 Ram Door Harness Connector Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2024, 09:27 PM
Twofingers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 and 1999 Ram Door Harness Connector Wiring

I recently acquired a 1996 and 1999 Ram from the passing of my father. The 96 runs fine and has sentimental value to me. The 99 has no motor or tranny so I'm trying to swap some body parts over to the 96. The driver side door hinge pins were worn causing some damage to the door latch area. The 99 doors fit great on the 96 but the wiring harness connections are different. I then thought about swapping the harness for the 96 but all of the switches and connectors inside of the 99 door are also different.

I've been looking through some of the service manuals scattered about and found the pin out diagrams for both but haven't found a detailed description of what each wire is for. The hard way is for me to try and trace/identify each wire or ask here if someone has a wiring schematic for both years. Since I have the male/female connectors for both trucks, I can easily make my own adapter once I'm certain that I'm wiring it all correctly. Both doors have power locks, windows and mirrors. I am not concerned with the defrost on the 99 doors.

If alldata would have this info, I can get someone at work to look this up next week.

I just want to ensure that a pink wire is the same on both doors, red is red, etc. Any help is appreciated or maybe I'm overthinking the project and someone has an easier way. I can take some pictures if that will help.

Old 06-23-2024, 01:11 AM
DerTruck
All Star
Received 101 Likes on 96 Posts

The factory service manuals are here: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...e-manuals.html

Some complain about the wiring diagrams but I've always been able to figure out what I needed to know. I rarely use the connector pinouts because the diagrams show which pins are used with the small number next to the connector symbol. IIRC one of the quirks with the door wiring is that the wire colors are the same in both doors (same harness) but different on the truck side of the connector.

Old 06-24-2024, 04:25 PM
Twofingers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the link and quick response. It does look pretty straight forward and I think I should be alright. I was a bit anxious the night I posted. Might tackle it this weekend as I'll have the dash out at that point to replace the top of the dash and heater core while I'm in there.

Quick Reply: 1996 and 1999 Ram Door Harness Connector Wiring