2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

damn it! another ticket... again in my truck!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 02:16 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 224 Likes on 209 Posts
Default damn it! another ticket... again in my truck!

That makes 2 in 4 months. [sm=boohoo.gif] 1st one was for COASTING down a hill and "exceeding the maximum speed of 55 on a 2 lane hiway". The officer even told me he saw me decelerating (I was on the brakes) with his radar.

the last one (just the other night) was for sure my fault. I think the cop was splitting hairs though. He said I didnt make it into an intersection before the red light. I disagree, but he also mentioned that he was watching for it and from where he said he was, I'd have to say he had a good view.

This sucks! 2 tix in my ram, 0 in the M3 (thank the motor gods!) Now I have to really watch it for the next 18 months.

![sm=gears.gif] [sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boohoo.gif]

Old 01-10-2006, 02:26 PM
MGDMike
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: damn it! another ticket... again in my truck!

Now that sucks!! I've been ticket clean for 9 months now...doing 74 in a 55 in my wifes old Jetta.

Old 01-10-2006, 03:50 PM
Racinfan83
All Star

Steve - surely you have a "Traffic Law Center" or something close to it out there, don't you? They are all over the place here. You take your ticket to them, they charge you a fee (around here roughly $65), they get the ticket changed to a non-point, non-moving violation, like excessive noise or defective equipment. You end up paying a higher fine than the original ticket, plus the fee, but the insurance company doesn't care about non-moving violations so they won't raise your rates, and you won't get into point trouble on your liscense. All it is, is the lawyers at the TLC make a deal with the judges in the case, you pay higher fine, they make more money for their jurisdiction, you get off easy.....I will never pay another ticket the normal way again. Your rise in insurance rates will be more than the extra fine and fee you pay....

Old 01-10-2006, 03:55 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

u shoulda ran steve!!!!!!!!!! i think the ram would give the copper car a run for its money!!!!!

Old 01-10-2006, 04:11 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 224 Likes on 209 Posts

lol, Riiiggghht... ("u shoulda ran steve!!!!!!!!!! ")... tank vs bike.

there are no traffic law centers in CA :-( well, the down side is I have to drive "normal", the up side is better mpg... drove the M3 in today and got a whopping 24 mpg... woo hoo... lol (normally 19~20)

Old 01-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Racinfan83
All Star

ORIGINAL: steve00ram360

lol, Riiiggghht... ("u shoulda ran steve!!!!!!!!!! ")... tank vs bike.

there are no traffic law centers in CA :-( well, the down side is I have to drive "normal", the up side is better mpg... drove the M3 in today and got a whopping 24 mpg... woo hoo... lol (normally 19~20)
Really! I thought everybody had them....Do you know any lawyers that could do the same thing? Do you know a lawyer that would like to start a TLC and make millions???? Guess I'm not ever moving to CA....

Old 01-10-2006, 04:42 PM
rogerdoger
Professional

in bc, if we dont like the ticket we go to court, and fight it, the good thing is most of the time te cop doesnt show up. So we get off without a ticket.

I have done it twice.

except the time i was over the speed limit in a school zone. speed was 30kms i was doing 48 kms and i got a 535 $ ticket i tried fighting that one but he must hae been there an hour before me lol

Old 01-10-2006, 04:48 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

my roommate has gotten out of more tickets than i ever knew were written. he's in the process of getting out of another one. get this he just keeps delaying it so that when the cop comes in he doesn't even remember it and it gets dropped. fight the system you'll win. absolutely rediculus. i think he should've lost his license about five times now. the other day he drifted right in front of a cop and then out ran the copper.

you can do 75 in a jetta????????? wow i'm impressed now.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:52 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: rogerdoger
in bc, if we dont like the ticket we go to court, and fight it, the good thing is most of the time te cop doesnt show up. So we get off without a ticket.
That's the way it usually works here in WI. I'm VP of a car club, so I hear all about it. [8D] You don't get off without a fine, but at least you don't lose points.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:54 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your run in with Johnny Law. Can be expensive especially if the insurance finds out. Now you have to lay low like I have been trying to do the last 2yrs after getting one for just over double the speed limit Cop said his radar car couldnt catch my truck. Boy those Crown Vics are a gutless pos. Well if I run into that one again he wont be able to stay in the same time zone next time

Quick Reply: damn it! another ticket... again in my truck!