2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The ole Sport Headlight Converstion...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 01:54 AM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The ole Sport Headlight Converstion...

Well I started thinking about this today and how badly I want it. I know quite a few of you have done it.

I searched and didn't really find what I was looking for. Anyways I will probably look on eBay for the lights, but as for the harness, where do I get it? And roughly how much did you guys pay to do this? Also I hear theres some metal that needs to be trimmed away for it to fit. Is it alot, or a pain in the butt? TY

Old 01-17-2006, 09:43 AM
ljpierce_ely
Veteran
Default RE: The ole Sport Headlight Converstion...

There is a harness available, but I don't have a link for it. There is also a schematic available somewhere here in the forum because I downloaded it before. I'm sure that someone who reads this thread will have the info on that for you shortly.

As for trimming the metal, yes you will have to do that. I don't have the exact measurements because I eyeballed it, but you will have to cut some holes in the area of the headlamps closest to the radiator. Just make sure you file down the area when you are done, and possibly apply some sort of rustproofing to the now bare metal to keep it from rusting out.

I got my lights from Ebay and I gotta tell you: Once you get them properly adjusted BOY HOWDY do they improve the night vision on the road. And that is with stock bulbs. I haven't tried putting higher wattage ones in yet, and if I do, I will upgrade the connectors. Summit racing has a harness available that does that wiring upgrrade so I don't have a meltdown.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:50 PM
jdcovert
Veteran

Socha, if you do the conversion make sure to get some good pics throughout the project. Would like to know how much of a chore it is. [sm=burnout.gif]

Old 01-17-2006, 02:05 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts

read this thread... http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/...6547&old=78064 it has the sources for the headlights and wiring harness. this was one of the best lighting upgrades I've done, both bulbs are on all the time (both low's) on each side and it really lights up the road really well! the wiring diagram on the link was not right for my truck, I had to ohm it out and re-wire it to make it work.

Quick Reply: The ole Sport Headlight Converstion...