2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

BRAKE HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 02:06 AM
reignman600
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRAKE HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!!

I have a 94 dodge ram 1500 4X4 with 5.2L. I replaced the driver side brake line a few months ago along with the master cylinder(reman). I had brakes after replacing these but they were spongy. Yesterday(jan22) I replaced the front brakes,rotors, and calipers. Now here's the problem. I replaced the calipers because the mounting bolts were coming to close the the rotor and scouring it badly(only on drivers side). I thought the bushings may be bad so I bought 2 new calipers. I had everything installed and the system bled and I went to test drive it and the bolt on the new caliper was also scouring the new rotor! I also have no brake pedal as well. I can pump the brakes with the truck off and they become stiff but soon as I turn it on they immediatly drop to the floor and won't pump back up at all. They just keep going to the floor so far the ABS light kicks on. Please can you give me advice Thx

Old 01-24-2006, 02:12 AM
20dodgeram01
Record Breaker
Default RE: BRAKE HELP NEDDED PLEASE!!!

im no mechanic but its probally not bleeded properly.. you need to do all 4 tires.. starting with the furthest away from the master cylinder.. i havent done my dodge yet but i had a 93 gmc jimmy and i replaced the rear and had to bleed the brakes.. abs light came on and everything till it was bleeded properly.. and about the caliber bolts i have no idea.. i havent even gotten around the changing mine yet ive had it for about 2 months now

Old 01-24-2006, 02:23 AM
hillbilly4u

There is a TSB on bleeding after doing major replacements on your brake system. As for the rubbing from your caliper to rotor. Did you replace a bearing on that side? Had same problem after replacing my bearings. Advance Auto gave me the wrong one for the drivers side only 1/4 inch difference. Caused the caliper bolts to connect with the rotor and tear it up.

Old 01-24-2006, 05:06 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

Sometimes you have to bleed the master cylider too

Quick Reply: BRAKE HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!!