2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Another TB Question,

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 03:33 PM
DGarmon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another TB Question,

I just got Dan the fastman 50mm on my 5.2(318) installed, now I understand that I will need to reset the computer, Now how do you do that? and how many miles does it nomally take for it reset. I thought that if I just had the NEG Battery Terminal undone while I was installing the TB it would reset it, but from what I have read that is not the case, I now know and understand that I must take off the NEG battery for atleast 20 seconds with the key in the on position, but do I have to hold the key in like I'm starting my truck for 20 seconds or just turn the key in the one position for 20 seconds, and after I have gone X (Would like to Know how many) number of miles, does the reset happen all of a sudden or does it gradually start the power increases.

Thanks,

DMan

Old 02-06-2006, 03:40 PM
Racinfan83
All Star
Default RE: Another TB Question,

I just unhooked the batt cable, then turn the ignition key to "run" position, not start- the one it goes back to after you turn it to start, and leave it for a minute or so. After you turn the ignition off rehook your batt cable. The only requisite to the reset is that you make a couple of wide-open-throttle runs on an on ramp or something within the first 40 miles so the computer can read a wot run while it is relearning istself. It will relearn itsself in a 100 miles or so....

Old 02-06-2006, 03:58 PM
DGarmon

Ok, thanks for the fast reply, is there a way to tell what RPM's you should be at to make sure your at wide-open-throttle?

DMan

Old 02-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Racinfan83
All Star

No, just punch it to the floor on an open piece of road and let it run up to 70mph or so. Mine shifts at about 4500, yours could be different.

Quick Reply: Another TB Question,