2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

what do you 'experts' think

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Ram_sport96
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you 'experts' think

I am still looking to replace my headers... I have found some decent deals on stainless shorties... but I am starting to notice that for around $120-$145 more I could get long tube headers...

I was wondering if anyone had run long tube headers... or if someone had tried both on a gen 2 ram and what they found as far as power gains. Is it worth the extra money?

what do the experts think?

Old 02-07-2006, 02:18 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: what do you 'experts' think

assuming you have a 2X4... id go with the long tubes...been known to net better hp results due to less bottlenecking the exhaust....if you already have shorties .. going with long tubes youd have to convert your exhaust pipes to fit.. more of a custom install... they dont bolt up to the oem down tubes... access to a bender and welder will be a must...or a really good trusted exhaust shop

Old 02-08-2006, 12:57 PM
Ram_sport96
Professional

So paying more for the headers... buying a new down pipe set-up and paying to get the whole thing custom fit is a good deal when compared with how much more power I will get?

Thats what I was looking for! Long tube it is!

thanks

Old 02-08-2006, 01:24 PM
greenmachine
All Star

I dont see the ratio being worth it. Do you really think the horsepower gains are that significant from shorties to longtubes? Unless your ride is built and you need 3in exhaust all the way out you are better off just going with the shorties with high flow cat and dualed 2.5

Quick Reply: what do you 'experts' think