2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

jeep tranny trouble

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 12:57 PM
pirranah
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jeep tranny trouble

i know this is the ram section, but i need all the help i can get.

this morning i was running late for work so insted of letting my jeep warm up i just got in it and went. when i put it in drive it acted like the tranny was slipping, it wouldn't grab like it should. insted it would move, but not with the speed of the engine. if i put it in 1 it would go just fine then i would put it in 2 then drive. if i did it like that it would move like it should. it is putting a code p 0700 out and all that means is tranny malfunction, wtf kind of code is that. i know the tranny is malfunctioning, why. is it because it dropped down to 29* last night and i didn't let it warm up like i normally do? if anyone else has had this prob any help would be much appriciated. oh and also after running around town trying to find someone that knew something the tranny started working just fine.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:30 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Default RE: jeep tranny trouble

This code indicates that the EATX (Transmission controller) has an active fault and has illuminated the MIL via a BUS message. The specific fault must be acquired from the EATX via a DRBIII tool. (Input or Output Speed Sensor failures often cause this code and are a common failure part on WJ Grand Cherokees).
Guessing it's one of your speed sensors. That's what it sounds like to me. My uncle had them go out on his 99 Cherokee, along with his TPS, and he was running into a lot of slippage issues. But getting the specific code that it's setting would tell you for sure.

Page for WJ DTC listing: http://www.wjjeeps.com/faultcodes.htm

Old 02-07-2006, 01:48 PM
pirranah
Veteran
Default RE: jeep tranny trouble

thanks for the site. i think that's what it is one of the in or output sensors.

Quick Reply: jeep tranny trouble