2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

One touch power windows upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 07:38 PM
mgerity
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One touch power windows upgrade?

I'd really like to get my power windows to have the "one-touch" feature, where you just push the button once and it fully lowers or raises the window. My car didn't come with this feature either, but AutoLoc makes a vehicle specific kit to upgrade my car. Unfortunately, AutoLoc doesn't seem to make such a kit for a Dodge Ram. Does anybody know if there is anyway to make this upgrade to a '96 Dodge Ram 1500? Thanks.

Old 02-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Default RE: One touch power windows upgrade?

Hmm I'm not to sure. I'm sure the 3rd Gen Ram can do this (maybe some 2nd Gens?) If they do you can probably steel the wiring harness and maybe the switch and rig it up somehow. Everything is possible!

Old 02-07-2006, 09:45 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

It's usually all in the switch. I disabled it on the first grand prix by modifying the switch.

Personally, I don't like the feature. In my GP, it would keep trying to roll the window down when the window as already ALL the way down. You could hear the motor struggling...def. not good. It got to the point where it started jumping the window out of the track.

Our Intrepid does that too. Although it's worse on the way up. It makes a loud creaking noise because the motor doesn't know when to shut off and tries to push the window through the weatherstripping. One of these days I'll take apart the switches and disable it on that car as well. [:'(]

Old 02-08-2006, 12:28 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its simple i did this in my 98 the burning rom is right its just the switch all i did is went to a just yard looked around and found an 01 with it (you can tell cuz wen you move the switch down it clicks twice) i took it out just pry up on it and it will unclip you dont half to take the door apart. i think they use the same harnes but im not 100% shure i took the the harnes that came out of the junckyard too cus mine was broke (the wires comming out of the plug) hence the reson for changing it lol and changed it too. anyways the short of it yes and it cost me about 15$

Quick Reply: One touch power windows upgrade?