2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

3' coil lift... need com questions answerd

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 01:45 PM
bansheenut
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3' coil lift... need com questions answerd

alright im getting a 3' coil lift for the front end but i do not know if i need extended brake lines or if i need longer or newer bars... i know i need longer shocks but just checking if i need anything else for this lift to work... do i need the longer brake lines and torson bars? or will i be ok with stock ones

Old 02-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 3' coil lift... need com questions answerd

Is your truck a 4x4 or 2x4? Reason I ask is that there is no torsion bars on a 4x4. I don't think there are any on a 2x4 either. I think that didn't start until 2002.

Unless you are a hardcore off-roader, stock brake lines and control arms are fine with 3". Anything over that usually requires new control arms and bump stops.
You will want something for the rear since 3" in the front will make it nose high. You can go with either an add-a-leaf or a taller replacement block. I recommend aal though.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:24 PM
bansheenut
Rookie

4x4.... alright i called the company and they say i do not need teh brake lines or bars... but i do do some offroading but nothing to insane.... just some climbs and some paths.... hmm ad a leafs....where can i get them and im looking to lift the rear 2's

Old 02-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Tani1500
Champion

yea 3in everything should be fine exept your shocks. i think procomps sells AAl's along with skyjacker and all the other companys.

Quick Reply: 3' coil lift... need com questions answerd