2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Most important truck in history?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2006, 04:54 PM
RAMBITION
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most important truck in history?

I believe it to be the Dodge Ram 94-01. Trucks were coming down the line all boxey and business as allways. Along comes this truck and turns the truck world upside down . And setting the trend for all trucks to follow. PV.

Old 02-25-2006, 05:30 PM
BigRigTruckin66
Veteran
Default RE: Most important truck in history?

Hm, I tend to agree. Although, I kinda had a good eye for the boxier look. Maybe it's just me, but I am sorta attracted to the sharp angles 'n stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm lookin' at a 95-01 ram, but I have to agree, the ram paved the road for all trucks today. Although Chevy has stuck with lots of sharp edges.

Old 02-25-2006, 08:51 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker

I read an article once about how Dodge started making trucks more "family" friend. Little more confortable and more luxery features, yet still being able to use them as a truck. They rock

Old 02-26-2006, 01:45 AM
radwebster
Captain

F series truck. runs forever, strong work truck, been selling for over 50 years, been top selling truck forever, has been top selling vehicle many times...
if you said best looking truck in history, i'd have to agree. seing it come at you, it just screams "move, now"
and even the dead stock trucks still look like they're lifted compared to any other brands'

but F series is still the most significant.

Old 02-26-2006, 02:33 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

the 2gens made history ... mainly the sytling ... first truck on the market that actually looked friggen awesome...and on top of that .. dodge started to use "non" typlical truck colors on there rams too... i remember when i was younger and the 2gens first came come...every swinging d*ck had a 2gen hunter green ram....

Old 02-26-2006, 04:49 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: radwebster

F series truck. runs forever, strong work truck, been selling for over 50 years, been top selling truck forever, has been top selling vehicle many times...
if you said best looking truck in history, i'd have to agree. seing it come at you, it just screams "move, now"
and even the dead stock trucks still look like they're lifted compared to any other brands'

but F series is still the most significant.

thats a pritty brave thing to ay on a DODGE website lol. i dont think that "being the best selling truck for 50 years" nessarly makes it the most signi***ent or most important just the cheapest and most avalable. you can bassicaly take numbers and make them say anything you want, thats how they all can say "most room in its class", "most avalable power in a pickup", "safest vehicle" you half to read the fine print. that and ford is loosing sales every year check out this thred https://dodgeforum.com/m_401173/tm.htm and read the artical there, sounds to me like ford is getting despeate lol

Old 02-27-2006, 12:08 AM
radwebster
Captain

ORIGINAL: ryans590

thats a pritty brave thing to ay on a DODGE website lol. i dont think that "being the best selling truck for 50 years" nessarly makes it the most signi***ent or most important just the cheapest and most avalable. you can bassicaly take numbers and make them say anything you want, thats how they all can say "most room in its class", "most avalable power in a pickup", "safest vehicle" you half to read the fine print. that and ford is loosing sales every year check out this thred https://dodgeforum.com/m_401173/tm.htm and read the artical there, sounds to me like ford is getting despeate lol

i agree, but saying the dodge ram is the most important truck in history is pretty brave too (i guess not so much on a dodge site, but still).
don't get me wrong, it is the best looking truck by far, but it has been far from the most reliable.
the F-150 (and the preceeding F series) didn't do anything in particular to stand out, but it has done everything well, for a LONG time.
its been reliable
its been strong
its been a work truck
its been a play truck
its been cheap
and its been everything for a LONG time, over 50 years.

but again, I STILL LIKE DODGE

oh yea...they dont require transmission replacements every 20K miles...

Quick Reply: Most important truck in history?