2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Turbonator???

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 09:36 AM
MikeNAmyS
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbonator???

Anyone happen to try one of these things?
Of course, the testimonials are all good replies on the site(BIG SURPRISE THERE!)

Old 02-28-2006, 10:11 AM
garpoonga
Professional
Default RE: Turbonator???

Popular mechanics says they are a complete waste of money and do not work at all. They tested several different "fuel savers" and most of them did nothing at all. The magnets are the only other one I can remember off the top of my head that they tested, but they did several others.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:16 AM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker
Default RE: Turbonator???

i read an unbiased article about those. they where tested in the new full size F-150s.... they gained no gas mileage and LOST power.... i forget exactly how much power.... but think about it people put air intakes (K&N) in their trucks for SMOOTH air flow why would you want to put something in there that purposely gives the air flow an obstacle changing its course?? I cant remember where that article was, but for some reason i wanna say it was in that same popular mechanics article that garpoonga talked about

Quick Reply: Turbonator???