2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tune-Up

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006 | 06:42 PM
mikeskywalker
Default Tune-Up

Im getting ready to go on a trip we are driving my truck so i need to do a tune up any suggestions on what all i should do ????????????? just did oil , filter and lube

Old 03-09-2006 | 07:24 PM
Racinfan83
All Star
Default RE: Tune-Up

If the plugs, wires, dist. cap, and rotor haven't been changed in 35-50k or so - I would do those. Stay with stock type plugs ( I use champion truck plugs ) Don't waste money on the Bosch platinums. Get a good cap with brass contacts (NAPA has them). Get good wires, not the cheap ones. You don't have to buy expensive MSD wires - just get the best ones you can from NAPA or whereever. Changing the cap, rotor, and wires is not fun on these trucks - so give yourself plenty of time to route the new wires exactly as the old ones were.
Be sure and check your air filter also - if its dirty change it, or spend $50 on a K&N drop in filter.

Quick Reply: Tune-Up