2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

looking for a bull bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Chopper1
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: looking for a bull bar

Interested in which one you got. Like you, I do not want a full brush gaurd, no offense to you guys that do.

I just want a bar for lights on the front and the intimidation factor when in the left lane on the highway and the a$$es are on their cell phone. When It's dark the headlights take care of them. Most of the regulars just move when they see the jacked up Ram coming. Maybe it's the fact that they know I will go around them down the side lane if needed and slip a 35" tire by their fender when I come back over.....Enough of that rant...

I'm using the Westin tube step bar that is painted black. It was a lot less than the stainless ones. After about 6 years it is starting to rust noticably at the ends. But I have a red sport with black trim and wanted a black one. I don't remember all the stainless stuff being out when I got mine. Figure with the cost difference I can by another one and still come out even.

I am under the impression that with the Sport model the trim under the bumper needs to be cut for the brackets to go through. Does anyone have any info on how the setup works with a 3" body lift????????? In theory it should work to my advantage, but haven't looked at a set of brackets to tell.

Old 03-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Chopper1
All Star

Interested in which one you got. Like you, I do not want a full brush gaurd, no offense to you guys that do.

I just want a bar for lights on the front and the intimidation factor when in the left lane on the highway and the a$$es are on their cell phone. When It's dark the headlights take care of them. Most of the regulars just move when they see the jacked up Ram coming. Maybe it's the fact that they know I will go around them down the side lane if needed and slip a 35" tire by their fender when I come back over.....Enough of that rant...

I'm using the Westin tube step bar that is painted black. It was a lot less than the stainless ones. After about 6 years it is starting to rust noticably at the ends. But I have a red sport with black trim and wanted a black one. I don't remember all the stainless stuff being out when I got mine. Figure with the cost difference I can by another one and still come out even.

I am under the impression that with the Sport model the trim under the bumper needs to be cut for the brackets to go through. Does anyone have any info on how the setup works with a 3" body lift????????? In theory it should work to my advantage, but haven't looked at a set of brackets to tell.

Old 03-13-2006, 02:43 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i have smitybuilt step bars..strong as hell and the powder coating (black) is beefy!!!! got them off ebay... gonna install them when i get my level kit and 33's on...the wife is 5' tall and already has a hard time getting in the truck with the stock lift on it lol

Old 03-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Chopper1
All Star

My wife cusses me all the time about that. The body lift left the bars at the same height they were, but the 3" susp. lift didn' help her. Told her it gives me more opportunities to smack that a$$ helping her up.[8D] Probably one off the best investments on the truck. Too darn easy getting in and out. Keeps from pulling on the steering wheel, scuffing the lower door edge, and stops the lower door dings also. Cars hate it in parking lots. Like a roll bar for the side.

Old 03-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Redneck2345
Veteran

the cheapy chrome brush guards SUCK!!! Mine is all rusted, I'll take some steel wool and clean it up when I take it off. I think I'll just get an aftermarket bumper with a grill guard on it. Lets see that baby rust!

Old 03-13-2006, 06:35 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

here is something interesting

http://www.autotrucktoys.com/ram/Rom...-P10432C0.aspx

here's some sites i've found to be pretty reasonable...

www.ramtrucktoys.com

www.4wheelparts.com

www.autotrucktoys.com/ram

www.dodgeparts.com

not sure if they all have bars on them but i know the first two do.

Quick Reply: looking for a bull bar