2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Floor shifter

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 06:25 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor shifter

Does anyone know where I can get a floor shifter for a 2k QC w/ a 46re?

Old 03-15-2006, 06:38 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Default RE: Floor shifter

Um...I think that's something you're gonna have to fab up yourself. They never came with floor mounted shifters (for autos), and I don't recall ever seeing a kit to convert it to one. [&:] The floor area was reserved for a manual shifter, T-case shifter, and a place for the person sitting in the middle to put their feet.

Old 03-15-2006, 06:56 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Hurst and B&M both make one for Dodge trucks, but both say the will only work w/ the A-727 and A-904. Just wondering if there are any other manufacturers out there I could call.

Old 03-15-2006, 07:24 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: mopowar
Hurst and B&M both make one for Dodge trucks, but both say the will only work w/ the A-727 and A-904. Just wondering if there are any other manufacturers out there I could call.
Guess I left something out of my first post...I don't know of any kits for the 2nd GEN Ram, which is what we're talking about here Those kits you mentioned are for transmissions that are popular with racers and hot rodders I'm guessing they were made for 727 and 904 cars (or drag projects), and are also markted for Rams because they'll work with them. [>:] The slushboxes used in the 2nd gens aren't very popular with anyone...including Ram owners. That's why I doubt there's a kit for them.

The only places I know of that you could check would be with some of the 2nd Gen performance transmission builders.

www.apsprecision.com
www.dieseltrans.com

Old 03-15-2006, 07:36 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

The slushboxes used in the 2nd gens aren't very popular with anyone...including Ram owners. That's why I doubt there's a kit for them.
After a couple of hours looking all over the net, I'm starting to think you're right.

Quick Reply: Floor shifter