2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Any V-10 Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 01:17 AM
Spike7ss
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any V-10 Owners?

I have a 96, just put a rebuilt 8.0L in at around 360,000 Kms.

Wondering what other people have done to get a little more umpfh outta there v-10?

Old 03-19-2006, 02:40 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Default RE: Any V-10 Owners?

There's a few of us here. Myself....V10....a few random owners that post once and a while.

For the V10, the best mods seem to be Headers, K&N FIPK (intake), and the fastman TB... www.thefastman.com

The mopar performance PCM is a great mod, but requires the use of premium fuel which turns some people off to the idea. Personally, I love mine and will tell anyone that it's well worth the extra few bucks at the pump.

The mopar performance camshaft is a good mod as well, but is not easy to install.

Replacing the stock muffler (which flows horribly) is another good mod. What muffler to use though is hard to say. As 10 different people and you'll get 8 different answers. Most V10 owners seem to be happy with the gibson cat-back kit that's out there. The muffler flows quite a bit better than stock. It also improves the sound somewhat.

Old 03-20-2006, 01:50 AM
Spike7ss
Veteran
Default RE: Any V-10 Owners?

Ive been running premium for the last while in my truck. The old girl likes to guzzle that stuff back, especially the 94 octane I have found in the city. All I have done to my V-10 is a drop in K&N filter. There isnt many up here in Canada, and especially no one selling aftermarket parts for them.

The funny thing is I have a 96 v-10, and my Dad has an 01 V-10

Quick Reply: Any V-10 Owners?