2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

how hard to access 1998 blower motor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 05:18 AM
radwebster
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how hard to access 1998 blower motor?

the blower motor on my '98 squeaks horribly when it is moist out. there's a couple light blips when it's dry, but after it rains, it squeals like a pig. i want to see if i can oil it up and prevent the squeak. has anyone removed the blower motor, and is it a pain in the ***? some detailed steps (if it is complicated) would be greatly appreciated!

Old 03-20-2006, 03:38 AM
Cally
Rookie
Default RE: how hard to access 1998 blower motor?

If I am correct it shouldnt be that hard, most blower motors are in the dash on the paasenger side behind the glove box, but ont quote me on it. Download the service manual at the top of the second gen page with the Title Merry Christmas, it should be similar to yours.

Old 03-20-2006, 06:51 AM
Spike7ss
Veteran

Whne you heater motor starts to make noises, it usually is a sign it is getting ready to gve up on you, if your going to take the time to take it apart and lube the bearings, why not jsut replace it?

I did mine on my 96, and book time is around the 1 hour mark, I even think it was facing up/down behind the glove box, remove the 3 8 mm bolts and unplug, and pop the breather off and its out.

Old 03-21-2006, 01:56 AM
radwebster
Captain

ORIGINAL: Spike7ss

Whne you heater motor starts to make noises, it usually is a sign it is getting ready to gve up on you, if your going to take the time to take it apart and lube the bearings, why not jsut replace it?

I did mine on my 96, and book time is around the 1 hour mark, I even think it was facing up/down behind the glove box, remove the 3 8 mm bolts and unplug, and pop the breather off and its out.

i wanted to see if it was difficult to access...if its easy i'll just try to oil it. if its tough i'll replace it and not mess around. thanks

Quick Reply: how hard to access 1998 blower motor?