2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

better lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 01:07 AM
ddog737374
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default better lights

well for my truck I bought some cheep replacement Xenon Lighting Bulbs on e-bay and the suck (haha) i cant see 20 feet in front of me so anyways whats the best way for me to see at night better bulds, fog lights?

Old 03-20-2006, 01:41 AM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Default RE: better lights

)Do you have a 99+ Sport model? If not, SPORT HEADLIGHT CONVERSION!!!

This sight you can buy the needed wiring harness and the headlight unit itself: http://www.importvision.com/index.ph...ht%20Harnesses but eBay is probably better to get the headlight unit, probably cheaper. Here is also a site on the write up (kinda a write up) http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/...6547&old=78064

But other then that I have been wanting a way to get brighter too (other then my illegal for road use 150W Daylighters ) the stock lights suck on these unfortunially.

Another route you could go is to wire it so your low beams are on at the same time as your high beams, that can help a little.

Maybe you could try some better bulbs bought at an auto parts store though? Not to sure how much that would help though.

Old 03-20-2006, 02:52 AM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

go to a junk yard and scrounge up some of the stocker fog lights if you don't have them already. that will help. just have to do the rewiring.

Old 03-20-2006, 03:17 AM
Chopper1
All Star

This guy sells the Sport headlights and sells the clear driving lights that come on the 99-01 non sport. He refers to them as 94-01 He sells on E-Bay. Look under EBay seller ivm1 or look at Item number: 8045955644. .
Several that are selling them.
I got a set last year from http://stores.ebay.com/MakotoAutoTrends. The price was about the same. They look a lot cleaner, instead of the ridged lenses that came on the earlier models. I have a 97 sport and they look great. Put out more light than the earlier ridged lense models. Mine stay on all the time and my old lenses where starting to crack and get a dull center from age. The new ones came with a different bulb so just use your old one. Been on for a year, no problems.

Just remember these are the ones that came on the 99-01 Non Sport.

Then again the info for your truck is unknown. Year, Sport,

[IMG]local://upfiles/29187/24E13154F599470BBB6F5AF167C5357F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-21-2006, 03:24 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock bulbs or Silverstars. Farenheits are a lot cheaper and similar but not many places sell them. None of the blue bulbs are as good as stock. The Eurolite Crystals arn't bad though if you want a blueish look. They arn't too blue though.

I tried some High wattage Nokyas in my Ram and they sucked. I've tried several other aftermarket bulbs but they have all been in my Honda.

I'd put the stockers back in. Thats what I did.

Or go HID's but they arn't cheap. Thats they best way to go for light output though.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:31 AM
MikeNAmyS
Professional

I put the SilverStars in the Ram, and while they are better than stock, the Cool Blues in the Durango are better.

Old 03-22-2006, 12:40 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

if you wanted to go nuts you could do a HID conversion.... almost ALL HID conversion kits (the real ones with all the wiring and the voltage ballasts) run by the standard bulb size number...like 9007 9005 etc etc etc... they are pricey but HID's are the BEST of the BEST in lighting!!!!!

Old 03-24-2006, 01:18 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

i have PIAA bulbs in my truck and will never have anyouthere in my opinion they are the best of the best in headlight bulbs. here is how do wire your low beam to high beam i did a wright up on it a while back outher than that get your self a good set of driving lights (130w for the brighest aloud on the road in most places) ive got a cupple sets and there great work awsome for those pepole who "forget" to dim there lights as well

anouther thing you can do is use a relay to turn on your low beam lights on wen the highbeam is on this way you dont run the risk of burning out your dimmer or headlight swirch because it is the relay switching not the dimmer or headlight switch and it only costs about 15$.

First get a relay and some wire
Second hook post 30 on the realy to the positive termnal on the battry with a fuse link and a 20 amp fuse
Third hook post 85 of the relay to a good ground
Fourth splice 86 into high beam
Fith splice 87 into low beam

and now your done and it is 100% legel at least in canada anyways (im not responcple if its not leagel where you are)if you want the option to trun this on and off(so your low beam isent always on wen highbeam is on) just hook a switch in the wire going fron 86 to highbeam and run it into your cab. this will help your low beam bulbs last longer. you can do it with a single bulb that has high and low in it too (2 headlights insted of 4) but you half to watch they dont get too hot ive had it for close to a year with no problems. hope it helps

Old 03-24-2006, 02:50 PM
hometheaterman
Champion

ORIGINAL: MikeNAmyS

I put the SilverStars in the Ram, and while they are better than stock, the Cool Blues in the Durango are better.
You sure you don't have them mixxed up? A friend has Cool Blues and they suck. They are also lower in the line than the Silverstars.

Old 03-25-2006, 08:01 PM
badram1500
Veteran

ryans590 you might want to add a fuse or circut breaker in your power line to the relay. just a little safety tip

Quick Reply: better lights