2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Fastman Throttle body for V-10?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 12:55 AM
Spike7ss
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastman Throttle body for V-10?

Okay, Im looking at some ways to make my V10 breath a bit better. I have I already have both cats cut out, and running striaght back into my holy stock muffler, which has its replacement on the way.

I have been looking at air intake and throttle body, you know the quick easy bolt on stuff. And havent had any luck with finding a throttle body. I have heard Fastman throttle bodies are pretty good. What is you opinion on them? Are they worht the $$$? What kind of notice is there with one installed?

Dam, might have to get there 02 simulators as well, sure cheaper than replacing my 02s

Old 03-29-2006, 01:04 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Default RE: Fastman Throttle body for V-10?

K&N FIPK is the best as far as intakes.

Fastman is the only source for ported V10 TBs, since F&B never finished their prototype [:'(] According to the V10 owners that have purchased it, it noticeably wakes up the top-end. Every motor is different however, so the same gains may not be seen from one truck to another.

The only major problem the V10 motor has is breathing. It's severely restricted in stock form. The Fastman TB, K&N FIPK, Headers, and porting of the intake manis and heads will all net you noticeable gains! An intake intake is my next purchase, along with some ladder bars. I'd like to get a set of headers, but it's hard finding them for 94-95 V10s

And a little FYI, the O2 simulators are for the POST-CAT oxygen sensor, and you only need one if you remove your converter and end up with an illuminated CEL. Not sure if you're having that problem after removing your converters or not.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:56 AM
Spike7ss
Veteran

I have been having nothing but problems with my truck and idling and milage. Changed out the Precat 02, got better, but since my truck has been a catless wonder for sometime now, the rear one was starting to get lazy(stupid welfare 02 sensor).

I have seen the odd set of headers for your application on Ebay, last set of JBA ones were round the $100 mark i believe.

I have been looking at the FIPK, but dont want to spend $400 for a piece of tubing with a filter on the end of it. Shipping is usually what kills me.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:07 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

I believe I saw those JBAs on there. They ended sometime last week correct? IIRC they were 96+ headers though. The only set I've seen on there lately for 94-95 has been the generic looking Stone Mountain Racing headers. I'm gonna stop at the local Dodge dealer one of these days and have the parts girl check the dealer network...see if there's a stealership out there that has a Mopar Performance set for my application sitting on a shelf somewhere collecting dust.

As for the intake, you can usually get them pretty cheap on ebay.

This one should come in under $300 shipped to Canada: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-N-F...50156010QQrdZ1

I know I've seen them $10-$15 lower than that before as well.

Old 03-29-2006, 03:57 AM
Spike7ss
Veteran

Im guess your right, they were for the 92 and up, but had teh flanges on the back for custon exhaust, I think thats why i never picked them up

Quick Reply: Fastman Throttle body for V-10?