2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Performance Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 03:03 AM
Hemi_powr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Suggestions

Hi All,

I hope I posted this in the right section, if not I appoligize [&:]

My Truck:

'01 1500 Ram Sport, 4X4, Offroad Pkg, 5.9L

current upgrades:

-Gibson shorty headers
-K&N FIPK
-Cat back dual exhaust (split after cat into two flowmaster 40's and 2 tail pipes) (soon to be true duals)

I am in need of some suggestions for a shift kit. I was hoping to just get a Hypertech Progammer, but as far as I know (someone correct me if I'm wrong) for that year, the Hypertech will not change SHIFT POINTS, OR SHIFT FIRMNESS. I have a 4 spd auto 46RE trans. Anyone own the same and have a shift kit?

I am also hoping to get a Fastman TB, since it is so highly recommended by members here. (from what I have read)

If anyone has any other good go fast ideas please post them, I'm all ears, errr eyes, well you all know what I mean. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Dale

Old 04-12-2006, 09:59 AM
mopowar
Record Breaker
Default RE: Performance Suggestions

If you're looking to change your shift points you may want to consider a custom flash:
http://www.bgchrysler.com/Service/Hi...b_g_flash.html

It's a little more expensive, but IMO worth it. Read this:
https://dodgeforum.com/m_436545/tm.htm

Firmness you can control like this:
http://jcj.net/dodgeram/trans_adjustment.htm

The 52mm TB rocks. Other than that, a cam or roller rockers will give you a bump, but if you plan on a cam do that first before you have your pcm flashed because it will require a reflash anyway. If you have the cash a high stall converter will help get your low end back after all the mods move your power band up into the higher rpm range.

Old 04-12-2006, 11:07 AM
JustinJohnson86
Captain

Thanks for that webpages to adjust shift points mopowar... I'm a little leary doing that, but only because last night, I was trying to downshift to 2nd gear at 40 MPH to pass this jerk off, and well... My hand got too heavy and I dropped it in first, immediately slammed it to neutral, and bounced off the redline and over it about 5 times because I forgot to let off the gas =/...

Anyone else done the transmission mod?

Old 04-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Hemi_powr

Thanks for the reply MOPOWAR, You've been a real big help, gonna order that TB and see what I can do with the T.V. cable. I'll post my results later.

Thanks again man.

Dale

Quick Reply: Performance Suggestions