2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge Ram 1500 I'd bet My Life On It!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Troy_Audi0
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge Ram 1500 I'd bet My Life On It!!

Yes.. & Thanks..
My Brother is kind enough to sell me his 97 Dakota its all hopped up w/150k
K&N Airrade Coldair Intake, Throttlebody Spacer, Borla Ceramics Coated Headers,Hotchkis Suspention,Power Slot Drilled & Slotted Rotors
Not bad for $3000
So now I gotta figure out how to get a job so I can get a truck & how to get to the job with out the truck..
im in a small farm town we dont have public Tranz yet..
Peace Troy

Old 04-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Tani1500
Champion

wow man. im sorry you have my sympathy and also to the family of those kids. do you know how old they were and how it happened exactly. anything we can do let us know man.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:40 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

take care of yourself man. thats the best thing you can do right now. look yourself in the mirror and say thank you.

hug your parents, hug your family, hug your friends, make sweet love to your significant other. cause you never know when it's going to end. and go hug those kid's family. i'm sure they could use it.

i'm really sad to see that happen but i'm glad you survived. i wish the other kids had too.

peace, and slow down when driving down the road.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:47 PM
JustinJohnson86
Captain

Hate to do this, but on that truck, take off the TB spacer, its hurting more than helping =/

Hope everything gets better

Old 04-20-2006, 12:02 AM
Spike7ss
Veteran

I have seen many many demolished vehicles. I worked at a wrecking yard for 4 years. You wouldnt believe the things you see. If I saw your truck come in on the back of a hook, I would think the driver did not make it.

Take this guys advice

Crazy1snow

"hug your parents, hug your family, hug your friends, make sweet love to your significant other. cause you never know when it's going to end. and go hug those kid's family. i'm sure they could use it.

i'm really sad to see that happen but i'm glad you survived. i wish the other kids had too.

peace, and slow down when driving down the road. "

Old 04-20-2006, 12:26 AM
Troy_Audi0
Rookie

Oh I did.. I had just spent some time with my Mom/Dad I was on my way home from there house..
As far as speed gose.. I was doing 20 Under (Roads were Wet & it was 30deg.) the others were not going so slow..
after a 100ft slide They hit me at 55mph.. I was doing 40-45 (Via Police report)
The others were 20, 19 & 19..
The weird part was they were headed over to a friend of mines house.. ~Creapy~

Lots of my friends knew them better than they know me..
Its been a bit hard on me.. & I will be living my Life to the fullest on this 2nd chance..

Peace Troy

(Thanks for the HP hint I'll Pull that Spacer off when I get the Truck..Peace T)

Old 04-20-2006, 02:23 AM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker

I had a buddy how died in a crash, He had three others in the car with him. none of them made it. The lady in the truck lived how I don't know. I can't say that I know how you feel, but it has to be hard if not imposible to even talk about it. I spent many years in the Fire/ Rescue service and saw many fatalities, the worst where ones with kids. Two that put me out was a teen who had his foot ripped off by a PTO on a farm tractor, no a fatality but a kid. The other was a fatality but not a crash, a little girl no more the 2 fell in a pond and drowned. That was it I was done just to think that could be my kid, talk about hugging my son didn't know what to do. Sorry I'm rambling. Dude you have my deepest sympathy and hope as you say pull your pants on and live your life to the fullest!!!!!!

Old 04-21-2006, 02:43 AM
miknwv
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Dodgeramman

I had a buddy how died in a crash, He had three others in the car with him. none of them made it. The lady in the truck lived how I don't know. I can't say that I know how you feel, but it has to be hard if not imposible to even talk about it. I spent many years in the Fire/ Rescue service and saw many fatalities, the worst where ones with kids. Two that put me out was a teen who had his foot ripped off by a PTO on a farm tractor, no a fatality but a kid. The other was a fatality but not a crash, a little girl no more the 2 fell in a pond and drowned. That was it I was done just to think that could be my kid, talk about hugging my son didn't know what to do. Sorry I'm rambling. Dude you have my deepest sympathy and hope as you say pull your pants on and live your life to the fullest!!!!!!
Ya I know how you feel man. There's a forum us FFs use to talk about stuff like that, get it off our chest with people who understand. Not to namedrop here or anything, plus it's not really a competitor forum, but check out www.american-firefighter.com/forum . Lots of helpful people in there. Without these guys to talk to, I'd probably already be out of the fire service.

Old 04-22-2006, 01:24 PM
badram1500
Veteran

glad to hear your ok, sorry to hear of the others. keep looking to the future and things will improve

Old 04-23-2006, 04:26 PM
dodgekid
Professional

Wow. I can only imagine the guilt ya felt. Sorry to hear about the wreck. Hope you made it out alright. You new Dakota looks nice. You gonna slam it or leave it at its current height?

Quick Reply: Dodge Ram 1500 I'd bet My Life On It!!