2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leveling Out a 2wd and tire sizes

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 01:03 AM
Sehr916
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling Out a 2wd and tire sizes

Hi. I drive a 2wd (see sig) and really like the look of leveled out 4x4 trucks. I also need new tires pretty soon so before I get them I was thinking of looking into leveling out my truck. My questions are regarding tire sizes and leveling options.

-->What size tires do you think I would be able to fit on the ram with it leveled out a few inches in the front and stock rims. Right now Im running P245 75R 16's (for some reason they are rubbing on the lower shock mounts at full lock.

--> My next questions are regarding ways to level it. I haven't found any lift springs for the two wheel drive. There are those spacers that I am considering. One thought that came into my mind is a set of 2500 front springs. Would those lift/level out the front of my 1500? With either new springs or spacers, would my front shocks be fine or will I need new ones? Thanks in advance for the help

Old 04-22-2006, 02:14 AM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Default RE: Leveling Out a 2wd and tire sizes

A kit with spacers is probably your best pet, or call like Skyjacker and see if you can get some lifted coils. Some 2500 4x2 springs might be overkill and they'd made the ride a bit stiffer.

Old 04-22-2006, 03:40 AM
TommysToy
Rookie

I am doing the same with mine... I have found leveling kits for the 2wd 1500 all over the internet for around $70-$80. The factory lift in back is 1 1/2 in. blocks. The kit gives you the 1 1/2 in. Spring blocks you need to level out the truck.

Still keeping factory ride..

Old 04-22-2006, 08:00 AM
Chopper1
All Star

If you go to American Racing, http://www.americanracing.com/, and under applications, go to the wheel visualization, and you can choose your truck and color. It will let you lower it down to 5" and change wheel and tire sizes. Good way to check the wheel and tire styles for comparison. It won't let you jack the truck up though.

Quick Reply: Leveling Out a 2wd and tire sizes