2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Yellowed Headlights....Fixed

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yellowed Headlights....Fixed

My truck had the most yellowed headlights I have ever seen. Tried a few different chemicals but nothing ever got them clear. So today I bought the permatex headlight restoration kit at Pep Boys for about $10. All I can say is WOW. My headlights are actually clear now. I can't wait till it gets dark tonight so I can go for a drive and see how much of a difference it makes. So, for all those who are having a problem with yellowed headlights, give the permatex kit a try, it works very well.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20924/87864FCCCBE64CAA833B0782A223DD12.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-22-2006, 06:43 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Yellowed Headlights....Fixed

Alright! About time someone gave this a try! I've been trying to get someone to use it on here for a while now [>:] Glad to hear it works! I'm not too surprised though...since Permatex usually puts out a product of great quality..no matter what that product is.

If I had a vehicle with yellowed lights, I would've tried it myself a long time ago [8D]

Old 04-22-2006, 09:13 PM
nmason
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill look around for that, mine dont look too bad, but itd be nice for them to match the clear corners.

what ive done in the past was use fine grit sand paper and billit polish. turned out great but took about an hour

Old 04-22-2006, 09:45 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is basically what the kit comes with. There are a few different grits of wet sand paper going from 1000 to 2500. There is also a bottle of plastic polish and a flannel rag.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:49 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i agree permatex does put out some good products... mainly there sealents/RTV's are great,,, but i really dontlike there "threadloc" product... it cant beat LocTite brand whatsoever.. imo atleast

im gonna give that a whril..i got one gay headlight thats yellowing... can it be found at auto/advanced anyone know of?

thanks for the heads up Teach' .. i was relunctant to rubing it out myself with 2500 and sime fine compound and the polisher..

Quick Reply: Yellowed Headlights....Fixed