2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

a/c problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006 | 04:56 PM
SuperblkStalion
Default a/c problem

well i posted here since i think most everyone has the same a/c system here. i have a 99 dodge ram van and my problem is with my a/c. its been fine since i got it like 3 years ago, but last week the cold air feels likes its trapped. i turn on the a/c and i now it blows cold air, just that he vents will not open. i can feel the cold airt on my feet, but whatever servo motors used to open the dash or windshield vents choose not to participate in my quest for cold air. but if i just put on the warm air then the vents op[en for the windshield(havent tried the dash vents yet). so what could be causing this problem???? its gonna start getting hot here this weekend and i dont want my 1 year old son riding in a black van with no a/c!!!! TIA
jorge

Old 04-27-2006 | 02:14 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Default RE: a/c problem

sounds like a possible vacuum leak...

Old 04-27-2006 | 02:21 PM
SuperblkStalion

any idea where i am suppossed to look for this vacuum leak?

Old 04-27-2006 | 03:13 PM
shott8283

that HVAC controls on the dash are all ran by vacume control... right behind the **** for the HVAC are little vacume lines... one of those may have come off not letting the vents open.. prolly the *** that has the vent selection on it.. like dash vents feet vents defroster etc etc...

Old 04-27-2006 | 04:05 PM
SuperblkStalion

thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it. i will check em with a vacuum gauge my father has.

Quick Reply: a/c problem