2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

12V power outlet problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 02:26 AM
lt1firebirdslp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12V power outlet problem

hey all im new to this forum as i just purchased a 1998 dodge ram 1500 yesterday. i noticed that when i plug anything into the power outlet (both main and auxilary) the device will not work. i checked this by putting the device in another car and it turns on. i checked the fuses for both outlets and both were fine. i changed them out anyway with brand new ones. the outlets still do not work. can anyone help me out with this. anyone have this problem before? how to fix? reasoning? thanks alot look forward to being apart of this forum.

Old 05-07-2006, 09:42 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker
Default RE: 12V power outlet problem

my guess is you have a loose connection to the outlets. you're gonna have to start tracing wires. really sucks. if it's not the fuse and it's not a switch issue someone got under there and chewed through your wires.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:24 PM
joew
Default RE: 12V power outlet problem

I had the same problem. The owner before me removed the dash panel, disconnected the wiring from the outlet but never reconneced it when they put it back.

Joe

Quick Reply: 12V power outlet problem