2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Questional repairs part 2 I was Screwed

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 04:25 PM
rydog2624
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questional repairs part 2 I was Screwed

Alrgiht so this is continuing my pervious post, so after paying the 300 i go to the dmv and get my plates so im happy. I go out with some buddies to hang out so i get back and go to sleep. When im taking some clothes in the morning to the dry cleaners, the check engine light is on agian and its the same code. Im so pissed, i did fill some gas up the day before so just for safe messures i tightened the cap and reset the battery. If the light turns back on im gona take the truck down there and im going to make them do any repairs neccesary and im not paying a dime!!! My ammo is that they cretified me for plates and the code came back on so he lied by certifing the truck and they can get there license taken away lol What do u guys think ?

Old 05-20-2006, 10:18 PM
miknwv
Veteran
Default RE: Questional repairs part 2 I was Screwed

Not sure how it is in your state but here you CAN pass inspection with a C/E light on. You can't pass inspection if the airbag light is on though.

Old 05-20-2006, 11:19 PM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Here in NY you can't. As far as I know its either an auto failure or a wicked fine tooth comb inspection if the CEL is on.

Old 05-21-2006, 12:00 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: shott8283
Here in NY you can't. As far as I know its either an auto failure or a wicked fine tooth comb inspection if the CEL is on.
It's the same way here in WI...in the areas that have emissions inspection, which is pretty much just Milwaukee. From what I'm told, they'll even question it if you have a code stored in memory (with the CEL off).

Old 05-25-2006, 01:00 PM
SST_Ram

You can pass !?!?!??!? In NJ, 96 and up, they jack your computer. You will fail for a CEL or an active failure code, and if the computer didn't do all of the self checks ( OBD II readiness test ) in which they print it out with your inspection results....If you reset the the computer before inspection, all your systems have to reset. Example: Heated O2 test - not ready. That will get you a failure.

Quick Reply: Questional repairs part 2 I was Screwed