2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

relay question

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 07:06 PM
radwebster
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default relay question

ok this has been driving me nuts for a long time, but i think i finally narrowed it down...i had installed a BOA leyless entry/remote start a few months ago. everything worked but the parking light flash. i saw i needed to add a relay, because for a ram the parking lights are 'negative triggered' or some crap. anyway, i installed one, and it worked fine. then for some reason one day, it just stopped working.

for the freakin life of me i couldn't figure out why. i tested EVERYTHING, and it all checked out fine. all the wires are good, relay is good, signal from remote start box is good. well i took a look again today, and i think i may have finally figured it out.

the output from the remote start box to the parking lights is only like 0.6 volts when they are supposed to flash. i hooked it all up, didn't work. but when i tried appying 12v from a constant power wire to where the signal wire should hook on the relay, the lights DID work. so it seems i need more than .6 volts for the relay to operate. if this is true, why did the box stop putting out enough power? remember, it did work for a while.

and if i need more power from the signal wire, how can i boost it?

thanks

Quick Reply: relay question