2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Frame Bolts replaced for Running Boards

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 12:34 PM
mikebrown123
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frame Bolts replaced for Running Boards

Several years ago, I added the Tube Running Boards to my truck to help my preganant wife get in and out of the truck. They came with longer bolts and mounted into the frame without drilling. Now, they are rusty and I ant to get them off, but I cannot find the original bolts. Does anyone know what the bolts were that come from the factory that I replaced????

Argh...

Old 06-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Chopper1
All Star
Default RE: Frame Bolts replaced for Running Boards

You could probably use the same bolts. If the bracket was very thick, or take up the slack with a fat washer. The dealer recomended 60 ft/lbs for the body bushings. That might need to get verified by another dealer to see if he was close.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:07 PM
mikebrown123

They actually go through the whole width of the tube (3 or 4 inches)...that would be alot of washers...I looked at the manua in the merry x-mas thread, but didn't know how to word it.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Chopper1
All Star

Depending on what state you are in, either one of us that has a body lift could give you our old ones, or just mail them to you. Or just call or go by the dealer and get them I would assume.

If you like the bars, just get another set.....Mine have gotten rusty. Time for a new set. The black ones for mine, luckily are not that expensive.

Quick Reply: Frame Bolts replaced for Running Boards