2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pulling at straws?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 03:03 AM
duzen3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pulling at straws?

Thanks to everyone for the help and insight. After having the O2 sensors checked again it was found the the first sensor (bank 1 sensor 1) had a high voltage. Why did this not trip a check engine or show on diagnostics? Apparently it was messed up enough to make my truck run like death and stall but not enough to trip an error.(?) At any rate, the truck is back to running great so far. Hoprfully my last 5 months of banging my head on the wall will be helpfull to another Ram owner. Thanks again to everyone! Duzen3

Old 06-25-2006, 04:12 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pulling at straws?

ORIGINAL: RM_Indy
I thought an intermittan fuel pump at first or possibly clogged filter but if the engine stalls from lack of fuel you should get a code on it. Last summer screwing with my smt6 to confirm it was working correct I pulled a ton of fuel out, cel came on and it stalled.
When the pump in my V10 was going, my truck would stall...but I never got any CEL lights

Sometimes oxygen sensors won't set them either...even when they make the vehicle run like crap. On board diagnostic (OBD) systems help, but they don't always catch EVERYTHING...and they're not always right. [&:]

Glad you got the problem figured out though.

Quick Reply: Pulling at straws?