2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

another torque converter

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 09:13 PM
wildwolf59
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another torque converter

ok guys ....i am going down the highway and the speed is about 70 and i feel the dreaded jerk and i think it is the torque converter.....now what i want to know is what all i need to do to make sure the tranny isnt going out.....i put on a tps and unhooked the battery for ten minutes and took it out today and it did it again, so what else can i do to check that it isnt something small to fix it or i have to rebuild it????do i need to wait longer when i unhook the battery and somebody said something else about cleaning the plug on the side of the tranny.....is there anything else anyone can think of before i consider it going out, because if it was to go out i think i will have that aps company or whatever their name is , rebuild it the right way.....so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know....thanx guys!!!!!!

Old 06-25-2006, 01:14 AM
wildwolf59
Professional
Default RE: another torque converter

anyone??????

Old 06-25-2006, 01:18 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

Give it some time man. Your post is only 4 hours old

You usually have to have the battery unhooked for at least 30mins. An hour to be safe.

What year is your truck?

The plug on the side of the transmission that they're talking about is the speed sensor, and it definitely can cause issues similar to this.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:32 AM
wildwolf59
Professional

yeah i know the thread is not that old....i am just antsy to see if the damn thing is shot or not ...so i am waiting to see if there is anything and everything to check it before realizing that is shot.....so i will give it some more time.....lol.....thanx burning rom!!!!!!!

Old 06-25-2006, 01:09 PM
wildwolf59
Professional

the truck is a 2000 and only 66000 miles on it....sorry,forgot to put that! hey is steve still chatting on here?Havent seen him for a while....he usually has his opinion on things!!!!

Old 06-26-2006, 10:18 AM
wildwolf59
Professional

hey burning rom ....do you think i ought toreplace that speed sensor too since the problems are similar???? H ow much are the speed sensors......a lot less than the tranny i suppose....lol

Quick Reply: another torque converter