DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   ?Who makes fiberglass Dodge step side truck beds? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/65336-who-makes-fiberglass-dodge-step-side-truck-beds.html)

5.9_MAGNUM_POWER 12-27-2017 11:11 PM

There is a whole “Ramside” truck for sale by Champaign Illinois

McDormand Hot Mods 12-28-2017 08:15 AM

Not yet....

We're not fully finished, the posts days it's not done, but having a step is not what makes a step side. The fact of the bed being narrowed and how it steps in from the can is what makes it! This is a modern version as a tribute to the rarest truck ever made! The 78 midnight express! Being built in a modern version! With the other mods that are planned this will really being this legend back with a modern twist! You can follow us on Facebook, instagram and twitter. After our reviel we will be building only in a limited number!

McDormand Hot Mods 12-28-2017 08:19 AM

Ramsi

[QUOTE=5.9_MAGNUM_POWER;3372159]There is a whole “Ramside” truck for sale by Champaign IllinoisThe ram sides are just a Chevy bed with Dodge lights graphed in the bed! Was not appealing when they came out, they didn't go very far. The midnight has never been brought back in a modern version till now! The full history is on out Facebook page.

McDormand Hot Mods 12-28-2017 08:22 AM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/dodgefo...3b91b36ea3.jpg

HeyYou 12-28-2017 09:28 AM

If it isn't the steps that make it a "Step" side..... why would they call it a step side?

MoparFanatic21 12-28-2017 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3372194)
If it isn't the steps that make it a "Step" side..... why would they call it a step side?

FiberX I think the company is called used to make the Step side panels for our trucks (they still make wider fenders and bed panels) give them a call and see if they still have the molds. If you got $$$ to spend they will make you a custom mold for about $1500 plus the cost of the bed sides

HeyYou 12-28-2017 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21 (Post 3372200)
FiberX I think the company is called used to make the Step side panels for our trucks (they still make wider fenders and bed panels) give them a call and see if they still have the molds. If you got $$$ to spend they will make you a custom mold for about $1500 plus the cost of the bed sides

I am perfectly happy with my bed the way it is. :) Well, Ok, I wouldn't mind less rust on it....... but, I am not going to spend a couple grand to solve that.....

MoparFanatic21 12-29-2017 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3372201)
I am perfectly happy with my bed the way it is. :) Well, Ok, I wouldn't mind less rust on it....... but, I am not going to spend a couple grand to solve that.....

The op might though lol heck if I had the time is take my truck get your axles, and extended my frame and weld the back doors off of a 05 ram to my cab and have a true quad cab second gen lol but life. Anyways I'm looking at end of January for you Hey you!

HeyYou 12-29-2017 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21 (Post 3372349)
The op might though lol heck if I had the time is take my truck get your axles, and extended my frame and weld the back doors off of a 05 ram to my cab and have a true quad cab second gen lol but life. Anyways I'm looking at end of January for you Hey you!

Things are getting strange here, so, I may have to wait a bit longer before I can sell it.......

jsmith1969 12-29-2017 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by McDormand Hot Mods (Post 3372184)
We're not fully finished, the posts days it's not done, but having a step is not what makes a step side. The fact of the bed being narrowed and how it steps in from the can is what makes it! This is a modern version as a tribute to the rarest truck ever made! The 78 midnight express! Being built in a modern version! With the other mods that are planned this will really being this legend back with a modern twist! You can follow us on Facebook, instagram and twitter. After our reviel we will be building only in a limited number!

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3372194)

Yep, it needs steps. Seems like a cool project but def needs steps