2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Touch-up Paint Chip?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 03:34 PM
ducktruck
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Touch-up Paint Chip?

I have a small rust spot (~ 1cm x 0.5cm) on the corner of my bed, by the tailgate, that is starting to rust. Any suggestions on how to fix this (or maybe a kit recommendation)? And where's a good place to get touch-up paint?

Thanks
-Mike

Old 07-16-2006, 04:12 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Default RE: Touch-up Paint Chip?

I got my paint from www.expresspaint.com and its exact match. Its expensive but you get what you pay for. Sand it down to bare metal and get off as much rust as you can then get a good (once again get what you pay for) rust stoping primer. Prime it a few times, then but 2-3 coats of the paint on and 2-3 coats of clear coat and that should fix your problem.

Old 07-16-2006, 11:31 PM
ducktruck
Default RE: Touch-up Paint Chip?

ORIGINAL: Socha_62

I got my paint from www.expresspaint.com and its exact match. Its expensive but you get what you pay for. Sand it down to bare metal and get off as much rust as you can then get a good (once again get what you pay for) rust stoping primer. Prime it a few times, then but 2-3 coats of the paint on and 2-3 coats of clear coat and that should fix your problem.
Looks good, thanks!

Quick Reply: Touch-up Paint Chip?