2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Whats the difference?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 08:00 PM
johnjokela
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the difference?

ok im not really new to DF , but im popping my cherry for new posting, lol, anyways i might have missed it . but what is the diff in sport , off road , models? i have a sport ,off road model, ive noticed some have sport on their hoods , i dont, i have it on the door pillar, and off road , on the tail gate, thanx , i bought my first dodge truck this year , first dodge ive ever owned, , this site is very helpful, and i appreciate all your guys input it helps me and others out alot,

Old 07-27-2006, 08:11 PM
cdusthockey
Veteran
Default RE: Whats the difference?

yeah you have a sport truck with an offroad tailgate of an offroad truck. lol no i really have no idea between the difference. Sport has matching paint where the chrome is on the laramie package. i think the offroad might have higher gears in the rear end and mabye a upgraded suspension.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:21 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

Sport is an appearance package. It included body matched bumpers, body matched tail light bezels, sport decals, and a few other items. The door pillar wasn't a factory location for SPORT decals. [&:]

Off Road package included special RED Bilstein shocks, 4.10 axle ratio, standard rear limited slip differential, skid plates, off-road badging on the tail gate, and 17" aluminum rims (best rims Dodge ever made in my opinion...until the new power wagon rims), and a couple other things.

There have been several posts about this in the past, if you do a search in this section, you should find them all

And it was possible to have a Sport Off-Road Edition Ram

Old 07-27-2006, 08:25 PM
johnjokela
Veteran

THANKS ROM as always you anwsered alot of Q'S for me this time , , thanx

Old 07-27-2006, 10:53 PM
jusfuris

i have a 2001 4X4 sport off-road edition too! and my sport badging is on the door pillar too. i dont have it on the hood either (though i thought about doing that cause i think it looks cool )

and i have the westin bars, and tint, and 4.10 gears, and 33"tires just like you too, unfortunately i do not have the 5.9 engine (5.2, which is still good though) and its a regular cab.

but yeah ROM's right about the differences.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:04 PM
johnjokela
Veteran

Gotta Love the DODGE!

Old 07-27-2006, 11:48 PM
tipsovr

I asked this question about a year ago on DT. 01 was a transition year for the Sport package. The earlier 01 Sports have the stickers on the hood and rear quarters. The later 01s have the subtle "Sport" badge on the B/C pillar.

Quick Reply: Whats the difference?