2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ram info?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Millinski
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram info?

New guy here. I don't own a ram myself (Wrangler guy) but was hoping for some help. My best bud in the world has a 98 ram regular cab with a 318 auto and he has a line on a 96 or 97 ram ext cab thinking 360 auto thats has a lift and everything on it that has been wrecked but not bad. He knows the salvage guy and was told to part it out out if he wanted anything off of it. What all should we grab off of this thing. Not sure what swaps out with his but spare parts are spare parts. Not to mention free..

Thanks guys

Old 07-28-2006, 02:34 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Ram info?

If it were me, I would grab the PCM, the kegger intake (for modding or selling to me ), and the throttle body for sure. Then if possible, i'd grab maybe the axles if they are geared and big (D60's or 70's), starter (for a spare), transmission (for a spare), transfer case (for a spare), coil springs if they are lifted and not stock, any after market stuff that looks like its in good shape (like headers, CAI, muffler, cat, the rest of the lift, hitch, etc...), and anything you think you could sell on eBay.

Can he just get the entire 360 to repace his 318, or be a spare motor?

Old 07-28-2006, 02:38 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Grab every sensor that you can get out of it, small fortune in sensors on these trucks.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya, good idea on the sensors.

Quick Reply: Ram info?