2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tranny cooler

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 10:25 AM
alcedo
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny cooler

Need some opinions, Have the tow package with the factory aux cooler....it was suggested by tranny folks to disconnect the radiator and factory aux cooler and mount an after market cooler on front of radiator/condensor. I did this but kept the factory aux cooler in line with the after market cooler (I removed the radiator cooler from the loop) ......on a 98 degree day pulling a 5000 Lb boat in traffic I saw temps around 210 , out side temp around 98.
To see what the result would be I bypassed the factory aux cooler keeping only the after market.......with no boat 98 degree weather and in traffic I saw 210 easy.
In the AM with no trailer, doing 65 with outside temp at 70 I get 160 degrees.
The temp sensor is in the line going TO the cooler. What is max I should see? I thought it would run cooler with the factory aux cooler out of the loop, it is right behind the condensor (a heat source). Are these temps OK ? Exactly where is the danger zone when reading temps right out of the Converter ?

Quick Reply: Tranny cooler