2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My last 2 weeks...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006 | 09:13 PM
Socha_62
|
Record Breaker
Default My last 2 weeks...

Well its story time. The last two weeks have been quite a pain in the butt for me.

Well first off my frint axle u-joints were shot and my drivers side axle shaft seal was leaking a little. So I decided not to do this one myself so I call up my sisters friend who has his own shop. Now before you think hes a hack, he is ASE and State certified. He also has worked on my truck twice before, back when I didn't know jack about cars/trucks. I brought it to him right after I bought my truck when I died on the highway. It was my cat (this is all before I was on DF and knew the common problems) and he fixed it in one day, I only charged my $50 for the labor. Next time I took it to him when my wheel bearing went out, and again he only charged me $50 for labor and fixed that afternoon. So last week I took it to him to do my axle u-joints and seals. He has it in the morning and he said it would be done in the evening which I was suprised by, I thought it would take a little longer. So that night we call him and he doesn't answer or call me back. So I drive out to his shop and hes not there, and I can see my truck inside. As we drive away he calls back and says its gonna take him a bit longer which like I said I wasn't supprised by. So Saturday evening I call him and get no answer, call like 10 times and get no answer. So again out to his shop...the trucks still locked up inside it and he just won't answer or call back. Grrr. Sunday we call him all day, no answer or no calls back, and once again out to his shop. Still locked up, still no phone call. Monday morning we call again and get nothing. So after 2 days with no contact, and the fact he said it would be done by noon on Saturday, I'm getting annoyed. So with no chioce I go to the State Police. They call him and leave a message and say if I don't get it back my Wednesday they'll go get it. Low and behold 30 mins later he calls my sister saying its being a pain in the butt and its taking him longer then he thought and he will deliver it that night. So that night rolls around and and I expected he doesn't come. Tuesday my sister calls him a million times and finially he called back and tells my sister flat out that its done and since it took a while he will be delivering it. Once again, he said it was DONE. First he says 5pm it'll be here, then he says 5:30, then he says when his dad gets home from work to give him a ride back to the shop. So that night obviously he doesn't answer his phone or call back and I get no truck.

So now I'm pissed. Wednesday I go back to the Police and they leave a message saying he has 3 hours to call them or they're going to get my truck. Funny enough we drive out there with a Officer and hes inside working on my truck. Its ripped apart, he had just gotten the shafts out. After he said it was DONE the day before. So now its Wednesday and he was suppose to be done Saturday. The cops tells him it better be done today or they'll be back. The whole time the cop was lecturing him, he obviously looked pissed and kept coming up with BS excuses. Finially that night we go to the shop to get it, its parked outside and all back together. The batteries dead [:@] so after jumping in the monsoon rains I drive it home. The next day I check it out to make sure he put it back together right, greased the u-joints, put enough gear oil in, ect. Then I notice the drivers side seal is leaking, and quite a bit worse then before I took it to him. And then I look at the other side, its leaking too!!!!!!!!! [:@] Not any leak, like a freakin siv, its actually slowly dripping onto the ground! So I'm obviously not gonna take it back to the guy so I go to a private shop here and I just got the quote. $415 for both seals and all the BS.

So affter he cut be a deal and I paid only $200 when I gave the first guy my truck, I now have to pay $415 to get his screw up fixxed.

Needless to say, I'll be making a trip to the courthouse soon to get my money back....
[sm=rant.gif]

Sorry its so long

Old 08-04-2006 | 09:20 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Default RE: My last 2 weeks...

Didn't give any reason why the big delay or run around? I mean, family's family but that's pretty rediculous ... considering how well the first two fixes went.

Old 08-04-2006 | 11:43 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

sounds like he just plain got lazy and took it for granted that you knew him.

Old 08-04-2006 | 11:57 PM
bamory
Captain

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]You did the right thing, kept a cool head[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 08-05-2006 | 01:54 AM
Tani1500
Champion

that sucks, i dont know if i would have called the cops on my own family but i would have gone down there and raised hell!

Old 08-05-2006 | 02:02 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Tani1500
that sucks, i dont know if i would have called the cops on my own family but i would have gone down there and raised hell!
It's not his family. It's his sister's friend At least that's what the post says [8D]

Sorry you had to go through all that. I hope you can get your money back [&:]

Old 08-05-2006 | 06:23 AM
shott8283

I admire your cool-headed-ness on the situation... i more of the "bash heads in now, ask questions later" kinda guy,,

i wish you luck in court,,, it sucks it couldnt work out any better for you

Old 08-06-2006 | 12:33 AM
muddy_blue_dodge
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Socha_62

...I bought my truck when I died on the highway....

that must have been a bummer. [8D]just messing with you. sorry you had to go thru that good luck gettin some money back

Old 08-06-2006 | 05:28 PM
heimie77

Dang that sounds awful! I would be more like shott8283 and let him know how "upset" I was https://dodgeforum.com/micons/m11.gif but sounds like you handled it the right way. Good luck at court!

Old 08-06-2006 | 08:40 PM
Socha_62
|
Record Breaker

Yeah, it was a bunch of BS. And Rom is correct, hes not family, just a friend.

And that was a misprint, I didn't buy my truck when it was dead on the highway I brought it to him though!

Quick Reply: My last 2 weeks...