2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lift kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 07:38 AM
theguy_88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift kit?

i am thinking of buying a 1995 3500ram dually with a cummins with a 5 speed transmission. i want to put a kelderman air ride 3 inch lift kit on the pourpose of the truck will be a daily driver and hauling a gooseneck trailer. i am woundering if the lift kit help the ride or will put me a little to high to haul?

Old 08-07-2006, 12:53 PM
ramchrgr88
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: lift kit?

I thought that most of those air rides were adjustable in height so you could drop back down to stock hieght to tow. I dont know for sure tho.

I think that if you go with a 3 inch tho, as long as you dont have too much over hang beyond the rear tires of the trailer, you should be ok. you can alway try setting it so its 3 inches higher (by blocking it up or something) then when hitched up and if the rear of trailer is too close to the ground, dont get it. Hope this helps...Good Luck

Quick Reply: lift kit?