2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

trans band adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 08:17 PM
Ram1500Dodge
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans band adjustment?

anybody got an estimated cost on getting this done? im not the original owner of my truck and im just going through all the maintenance first hand so that i know when and what was done so that i can keep track of it all.

Steve-O

Old 08-10-2006, 09:13 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: trans band adjustment?

My local guy charges me $125.00 for dropping the valve body, inspection, any adjustment, close her up and fill her up....lol.

Adjusting them yourself is not that big a deal if you understand the instructions and can hang like a monkey up underneath...lol. I'd go with a tranny rebuilder to get your own first time look.

Either way, good luck.

The rest of the message below is an attempt at humor.

A single disc, in the TC loc-up clutch wasn't enough for me,...............So I added 4 more..........

The ATS 5 STAR TC.........They call me stator salad.....LOL

Old 08-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Ram1500Dodge
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: DieselDemon

My local guy charges me $125.00 for dropping the valve body, inspection, any adjustment, close her up and fill her up....lol.

Adjusting them yourself is not that big a deal if you understand the instructions and can hang like a monkey up underneath...lol. I'd go with a tranny rebuilder to get your own first time look.

A single disc, in the TC loc-up clutch wasn't enough for me,...............So I added 4 more..........

Either way, good luck.

DieselDemon <~~~~~What did he say?

Old 08-10-2006, 11:55 PM
DieselDemon
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Ram1500Dodge

ORIGINAL: DieselDemon

Either way, good luck.

DieselDemon <~~~~~What did he say?
Which part confuses you?

Quick Reply: trans band adjustment?