2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mileage not recorded w/cluster fuse out

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 04:32 AM
zoomzoom
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mileage not recorded w/cluster fuse out

3 years ago on a gm car with a digital odometer i found that by mearly pulling the cluster fuse would stop the vehicle from recording mileage. so with no mileage set in the pcm and no mileage recorded in the cluster it seems to easy to "override the odometer". then i found that dodges with digital odometers do the same thing so i ask is mileage recorded in the pcm? I know its not in early 2000's gm vehicles.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:08 AM
Sinister
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Mileage not recorded w/cluster fuse out

isnt it illegal to 'rollback' your odometer, even if it isnt doing such intentionally.

preventing mileage from being recorded is not a smart idea, you can say your truck has 140k Miles on it when it has more, sell it with the lower readings, but if it ever came back around that they found the real odometer mileage, you could be in for a nice fine, possibly more.

Quick Reply: Mileage not recorded w/cluster fuse out