2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Quad Door won't open

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 08:42 PM
mikebrown123
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quad Door won't open

I have an issue with the driver side rear door. The bottom latch will not release, but the top does. I have taken the inside panel off ans pulled back the plastic membrane. The linkage is connected, but won't release. I tried to pulll it up by hand, still nothing. I lloaded it with some PB Blaster, and still nothing. I looked on the Manual from the Merry Christmas thread, and it shows 2 bolts that hold on the lower latch. If I take the nuts off of these, will it alllow me to open the dooor, or will the clasp still be around the latch? I wanted to check because I need to order the lower door latch and don;t want the bottom to be free until it comes in.

Also, has anyone ordered the Front Door hinge pins from e-bay? My driver door is slightly sagging and the dealer wants $200 to fx. From what I read of the hinge pins on the ebay site, this will fix the problem, but wanted to see if anyone had some experience.

Quick Reply: Quad Door won't open