2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How much drop? Which kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 04:24 AM
truuble
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much drop? Which kit?

Since my 2wd 1500 club cab is going to see street duty, only, I was thinking about lowering it a bit. I will be running 18" rims with 285/60/18s. I don't want to totally "slam" it, but I'd like to give it a "street" look. I've seen a few different kits online, but I don't know good from bad because I'm new to trucks. The kit I was considering was a 2.5" drop in the front and a 4" drop in the rear. I believe the kit was from JDM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-24-2006, 11:33 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Default RE: How much drop? Which kit?

Won't find a lot of people with knowledge here about lowering kits. Most people here...even with 2wd...install lift kits.

BTW, you'll definitely want to re-gear running that tire and rim combo...ESPECIALLY if you're going to tow with the truck. In fact, you might find that you won't be able to drop it much after installing 18s and those tires. [&:]

Old 08-24-2006, 11:40 PM
truuble

Yeah, I'm changing the gears to 3.90s next week. The rear end needs rebuilt, anyway, so its a good time to do the gears. I'm going to see how it looks with the 18s and then decide whether it needs to be lowered.

Old 08-25-2006, 01:58 AM
silverram99
Captain

I lowered mine 2 inches in the back with a shackle kit I got from ebay. I think this is the best way to go because it sits level and I still have decent ground clearance. The shackles are pretty strait forward to install.

Quick Reply: How much drop? Which kit?