2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Freshman needs HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 08:25 PM
Spartan
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freshman needs HELP

Well as said above i am a freshman at MTU and i read this forum often and now its my turn to need help! just got here.....and have a "small problem" my truck is leaking radiator fluid (antifreeze/water)(coolant" w/e you wanna call it out of the heater vents on the passenger side and maybe under the dash on the passenger side. Anybody have ideas on what the problem could be? Also the AC hasnt worked for a while and i think it is cause a leak in the evapotrator (not that the problems are related just some info)

Thanks for the help

Truck 99 dodge ram QC 1500 4x4 360

I wont be able to check this till tommorow...staying at a campground but this is a big problem that needs to be fixed and i dont have any idea whats wrong.

Old 08-25-2006, 08:50 PM
TMS Bill
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Freshman needs HELP

This gonna be one of those "good news - bad news" answers. The bad news is ... your heater core is leaking (mine was doing the same thing) and it is a PITA to get to ... requires a dash pull to replace. I don't know how mechanicaly inclined you are (I am VERY much so) but I took mine into the dealer to fix it. I just don't have the time for my truck to be down that long. [:@]

Oh yeah ... the good news ... you can fix your A/C leak at the same time ... yipee!

Old 08-26-2006, 01:34 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Freshman needs HELP

TMS said it right... heater core is bout busted... well..he said it right... nothing more i have to say